We are having an Open House! Join us Saturday February 11th, 10am-12pm to check out HFP and meet our members.
Stop in, play, tour and…
- Meet other co-op parents and play-schoolers
- Learn how parents are involved at HFP
- Chat with our Membership Director
- Collect/fill out an application
- Visit and play in our play yard
Quiz: How do you know you should come to Hawthorne Family Playschool’s open house?
Would you like to…
- Strengthen your parenting skills?
- Connect with other like-minded families?
- Nourish your family’s connection to nature?
- Create a more just and caring society?
- Learn alongside your child?
Would you like your child to…
- Foster strong friendships with children and adults?
- Love learning and going to school?
- Deepen their connection to nature?
- Learn to notice and celebrate differences, along with similarities?
- Connect with the nutritious food they prepare and eat?
- Play outdoors in a stunning nature-scape play yard, rain or shine?
- Grow more confident, caring and invested in everything they do?
Quiz results: If you answered, “yes” to any of the above, our program might be the right fit for your family!
For school hours, ages, and tuition information, click here!
HFP is located at 2828 SE Stephens St. in Portland. See you there!
HFP’s practice combines philosophy with action.
In an age in which teachers are pressured to teach academics, stripping learning from any meaningful context, HFP’s practice values play at the heart of our curriculum.
In an age in which face-to-face time diminishes along with the increase of screen time, we nourish children’s social learning as we assist them in gaining skills to build valuable relationships.
In an age of extreme individualism, we believe in the value of a caring and engaged learning community.
In an age in which parents of young children are exhausted and isolated, we bring families together for meaningful work, social engagement and support.
In an age of oppression– in which some people are valued yet many are not– we seek non-sexist, multicultural and anti-bias learning experiences through conversations, activities and materials that celebrate diversity and honor a range of people, cultures and experiences.
At a time when there’s a growing awareness of the disregard for our planet, we take seriously our role as stewards of the earth, nurturing children’s connections to the natural world.
HFP safeguards childhood so children may learn joyfully.