Hawthorne Family Playschool is a play-based cooperative preschool in Southeast Portland. Find out more about our program, tours, and enrollment.
- HFP’s teacher and director Susan Eisman is to lead workshops at two educator conferences in October.
- 1. Oregon Association for the Education of Young Children on Saturday 10/15, 10:15am-12:15pm. Clackamas High School, 14486 SE 122nd Ave, Clackamas, OR 97015.
- 2. Northwest Conference on Teaching for Social Justice on Saturday, 10/29, 12:45-2:15pm. Madison High School, 2735 NE 82nd Ave, Portland, OR 97220.
- HFP lists as the #1 preschool in Portland by Yelp reviewers. Thank you to our community for your recognition and praise.
- Still enrolling for the 2015-2016! Please contact us if you would like to schedule a tour and learn more. We have a couple spots for a 3 or 4 year-old child.
“Play is the highest expression of human development in childhood, for it alone is the free expression of what is in a child’s soul.” — Frederick Froebel
HFP strives to be a diverse and affirming community of all families, embracing those that are multiracial, LGBTQ , divorced, or blended, as well as families from a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.