Hawthorne Family Playschool cooperative is a play-based, anti-bias preschool in Portland, OR.
“Justice is what love looks like in public.” – Cornel West
Moving from Colorblind to Race Conscious Parenting and Teaching: A Free Community Workshop for parents, grandparents, teachers and allies to young children.
LED by Susan Eisman, Director and Preschool Teacher at Hawthorne Family Playschool.
Wednesday, Nov. 13th, 2019. 6:30-9:00 PM at Hawthorne Family Playschool
- Workshop intended primarily for white adults caring for white children and children of color.
- Emphasis on young children (infants, toddlers, preschool, and elementary school age children).
- Focus on white folks noticing our whiteness and decentering whiteness in shared spaces.
- All are welcome– up to a maximum of 30 participants.
- Adults only.
- Online pre-registration is highly encouraged and the only way to guarantee a spot.
To arrange a TOUR, please email email@example.com.
“Play is the highest expression of human development in childhood, for it alone is the free expression of what is in a child’s soul.”
— Frederick Froebel
“An environment-based education movement–at all levels of education–will help students realize that school isn’t supposed to be a polite form of incarceration, but a portal to the wider world.”
– Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder
HFP strives to be a diverse and affirming community of all families, embracing those that are multiracial, LGBTQ , divorced, or blended, as well as families from a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and/or marital status.